The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Test is one of the most internationally accepted accredited tests that will open many opportunities for you. It is widely available and its reputation for score accuracy and standard examination precedes it. The IELTS Test is great for your career since it is often required for major positions at work, and as well as other recognized English Tests (e.g. TOEFL, CELPIP) it is also a requirement to help you get into universities where English is the native language.
The IELTS test consists of four parts (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) of which the Speaking part could be the most intimidating since it is necessary for every candidate to be able to maintain a one-on-one conversation in person.
In this course, you will be introduced to the standards of the Speaking part of the IELTS Test. The course will be taught by a current examiner located in Vancouver, Canada. During this course, you will understand the expectations the examiner has of the candidates. You will also understand the Band Descriptors by which you will be examined so you can be more aware of your strengths and weaknesses and be ultimately better prepared at the time of taking the test.
NOTE: As our examiner is currently examining candidates, he is NOT allowed to give you scores.
Mock Test Specifications
Total Duration: 1hr30min
2hrs 30min plus 1 extra mock test at the student’s convenient time.
The IELTS Speaking Test is for everyone who needs or wants to take it. You can get a score between 0 and 9. If you are required to take the test you should be somewhere between 4 and 9. Being within these bands, you will be able to apply for immigration, universities, colleges and high schools.
Online + On-Campus hub
(Due to COVID-19, all programs are currently being held online)
- Zoom, WhatsApp, Skype
“In a world where passing a test or getting a score could define your academic future or immigration status, what better way to tackle this task than with superb and thorough preparation?”
If you aim to gain confidence and build meaningful vocabulary for life and tests, come and join me on this fun and useful adventure. We all know tests are a nuisance and nerve-racking, but fear not, for I am fully prepared to teach you the tricks and hacks to obtaining your desired score. That being said, I am no wizard, and I can not teach you when you do not want to learn. You will need to work just as hard as I will in order to use my lessons to your advantage. Do not forget that practice makes perfect! If life had a mock test, I would take it over and over again. Luckily the IELTS Test does!Our IELTS ExpertIELTS expert at The Urban Camp
We offer customizable packages that will help you prepare better for the IELTS Test with great focus on the Speaking part. Reading, Writing and Listening will also be options in the future. Every Mock Test with us comes with one hour that will help you understand the test plus 30 minutes in which you will take the mock test (11 – 14 minutes) and the respective feedback (19 – 16 minutes). What’s cool about this? You will also get 1 extra mock test for free with your first purchase to help you practice more and you can agree with the examiner to take it any time you want in accordance with the examiner’s availability.
Another cool thing about this is that after taking the Introduction to The IELTS Speaking Test you will be able to book mock tests and their feedback separately, which is a more affordable option for many.
Introduction to the IELTS Speaking Test
- Expectations of you during every part
- Explanation of Band Descriptors
- Tips, Do’s and Don’ts
- Covid safety and regulations
- Test Duration: 11 to 14 minutes.
- Speaking Test Parts: 3
- Online Speaking Test: Not available
- One-on-one Speaking Test: Yes (obligatory)
- Covid safe: Yes
After taking the mock test…
- You will understand what is expected of you during the test.
- You will learn to identify the type of answers that you will need to give and whether they should be long or short.
- We will give you a PDF chart of useful connectors that will help you to connect ideas, opinions and statements appropriately.
- You will learn the dos and don’ts through examples of the most common mistakes made by previous IELTS candidates.
- You will learn about the safety measures we are taking to keep everyone covid19 free and what we expect of you in such dire times.
- You will feel more confident when speaking.
- You will be able to assess your weaknesses and strengths and turn the balance in your favour.
· You will understand the flexibility and restrictions of the test.